If you have decided to change your life and become a Microblading Artist, we offer certification training at the center. You must register in advance and meet the pre-course requirements listed below before you can take the course. Please call for more information (863)557-8899.
Course: MICROBLADING 101 (Only $2199) Includes your full Microblading Kit
Please call today to enroll in our two day course. Only $2199 to earn your Microblading Certification and begin your new career in Microblading!
At Spa by MD
The Florida Microblading Center
4925 Old Road 37
Lakeland, Florida 33813
Call or Text Cell: 1+863-557-8899
Here at the Florida Microblading Center are expertly trained professionals turned beauty concierge. Our lead Microblading Artist and Instructor is a Master in her field. You will be at ease knowing you are in good hands as you are trained in the field of Microblading. All of our staff are highly trained in the aseptic and surgical techniques required to ensure the best outcome in a safe and relaxing spa environment.
Additionally, all staff are certified in Infectious Disease control and Licensed Florida State Permanent Makeup Specialists who seeks to constantly fine-tune our skills and education in the arena of ever-changing methods in Permanent Makeup.
What you will learn during your two day certification course in Microblading!
* Introduction to Microblading — What is Microblading?
* Safety and Sanitation—Go over completed Bloodborne Pathogens Course
* Bloodborne Pathogens Refresher Quiz
* Skin Anatomy, Skin Conditions, Scars, and the Fitzpatrick Scale
* Allergies & Patch Testing — Patch Test Form Examples
* Consultation "How To’s"
* Client "Do’s and Don'ts"
* Client After Care
* What to Expect During Healing Process & Sample “After Care Instructions”
* Touch-Up Recommendations
* Color Mixing & When to use Modifiers / Colors, Camouflage & Corrections
* Client Prep and Station Setup
* Your Microblading Kit and Contents
* Licensing & Health Department Requirements & Permit Application
* Pigment & Needle Suppliers — D.O.H. Biomedical Waste Application
* Consent Forms — Insurance — Marketing — Social Media — Advertisement
* Tattoo Establishment Licensure Requirements — Florida Statutes
* Licensing FAQ’s & Sample “Microblading Consent Form”
* Direction and Structure of the Brow
* Symmetry Artistry
* Choosing the Right Needles, Blades, and Tools
* Brow Shapes & Practice Drawing Strokes
* Practice Application on Paper & Practice Skin
* Homework will be assigned (4-6 Correctly Completed Brow Sets on Practice Skin)
* Recap from Day 1
* Go over homework assignments from Day 1
* Final Practice Applications
* Safety & Sanitation
* Live Station Setup
* Model Sign-In & Setup
* Live application on 2 models
(students are required to provide their own models—Must have 2)
* Q&A Session after models are completed.
* Completion of Certification & Presentation of Certificate
Pre-Course Microblading Training Requirements:
THINGS YOU MUST DO SEVERAL WEEKS BEFORE YOU MAY BEGIN YOUR TRAINING
A non-refundable deposit of $500 must be made at the time you register for the course.
The total balance due after deposit is made must be received in full at least 3 days prior to the day of training.
PLEASE NOTE - THE DEPOSIT AS WELL AS THE BALANCE, ARE BOTH NON-REFUNDABLE ONCE THEY ARE PAID.
(If in the event of an emergency, and the course must be rescheduled for any reason at a future date, the deposit and/or balance payment would go towards the rescheduled course.) (NOTE: Course must be completed within 60 days of original date or all monies are forfeited for use.) NO refunds will be made for any reason.
Okay! Now that all the financial info is out of the way.... 😁👍🏼
Here’s what you will need to do BEFORE you begin the course!
First, you will need to go to the link below and take an approved FLORIDA COURSE in “Bloodborne Pathogens and Communicable Diseases” for Florida Tattoo Artists.
There is one offered by the “BODY ART TRAINING GROUP” that is only $45. It’s very quick and easy. You will be able to print out your Certificate as soon as you have completed the online course.
Note: VERY IMPORTANT! You will need to print 4 copies of your certificate once you complete the course.
1. You must bring one copy of your “Bloodborne Pathogens and Communicable Diseases” Certificate to begin your course on the first day of training.
2. You will need a second copy to submit with your request for a Tattoo Artist Permit from the Health Department Permitting Office in Bartow.
3. Third is a copy for you to keep for your records.
4. And, the fourth copy it to be displayed wherever you will be offering your Microblading service.
Click the following link to register for your online Bloodbourne Pathogens and Communicable Diseases Course.
Again, you MUST Choose and complete a -FLORIDA- approved course.
Then REGISTER as a new user to take the course.
Once you have completed your online Bloodborne Pathogens course, you will need to go to the link below to print out and complete the “Application for Tattoo Artist License” form.
The licensing application fee is $60 and must be paid to the Department of Health by check, money order, or credit card (no cash) on the day you submit your request for your permit.
VERY IMPORTANT: Your Application for Tattoo Artist License must be applied for in the County in Florida where the artist LIVES, regardless of area where the artist works in Florida. (Example: You will request a License/Permit from POLK County if you LIVE in Polk County, even if you work in Hardee or Hillsborough County.)
Once you have completed your License Application, you will need to go to the Health Department Licensing Office IN THE COUNTY WHERE YOU -LIVE- to apply for your license permit.
When applying for your licensing permit, you must submit the following:
1. A Copy of your government-issued photo identification. (Driver’s License or Passport or Florida State ID)
2. Your completed “Application for Tattoo Artist License”
3. A Copy of your Bloodbourne Pathogens Certificate
4. $60 Payment (check, money order, credit card. NO CASH ACCEPTED)
If you MAIL your completed License Application, Copy of Gov. issued Photo ID, Bloodbourne Pathogens Certificate, and $60 Payment, it usually takes up to 3 weeks to get your Permit back by mail. (If you live in POLK County, the Health Department Permit Office is in BARTOW, FLORIDA.
Polk County provides services for: POLK and HARDEE County
Department of Health in Polk County
Environmental Health Section
2090 E. Clower Street
Bartow, FL 33830
(863) 519-8330, ext. 6
If you will GO IN PERSON with the completed LICENSE APPLICATION, COPY OF GOV. PHOTO ID, BLOODBOURNE PATHOGENS CERTIFICATE, and $60 PAYMENT, you can usually get your license back the same day, or within 2 business days. If they do not give it to you that same day, they will email it to you within a few days.
ON THE FIRST DAY OF TRAINING, PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING ME A COPY (TO KEEP FOR MY RECORDS) OF:
1. YOUR TATTOO ARTIST LICENSE PERMIT
2. COPY OF YOUR GOV. ISSUED PHOTO IDENTIFICATION
3. YOUR BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS CERTIFICATE
We MUST have a copy of all three before you may start the course.
And lastly, between the time you register for your Microblading Training and the second day of your training, you will be required to provide 2 volunteers who are willing to allow you to do their Microblading for FREE on the second day of training.
***** Please let your volunteers know that they MUST be willing to come back to YOU 4 weeks later to (wherever you are working at the time) for their required FREE Touchup/Detail Perfecting session.
(Because they are volunteers and it is a two session process, you should NOT charge them for their Touchup Session. But they must come back to YOU for their 4 week touchup session) (Not back to Bella).
Note: We are not responsible for your volunteer’s 4 Week Touchup Sessions.
Please let your volunteers know that the service will take approximately 2.5 hours the first time, and approximately 1.5 hours 4 weeks later!
You will need one volunteer at 12:30pm on the SECOND DAY of training.
You will also need a second volunteer at 3:00pm on the SECOND DAY of training.
I am so excited that you have chosen to pursue this new career! It is so rewarding I’m so many ways!!!